- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- 80g fine semolina flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g ground pistachios
- 1tsp baking powder
- 200g softened unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 2tbsp orange blossom water
- 6 cardamon pods, green husks removed and seeds crushed to a powder
- 4 eggs (approx 250g)
For the glaze
- 1tsp finely grated orange zest
- 50g caster sugar
- 6tbsp lemon juice
- 3tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- 4tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2tbsp rose petals
- Heat the oven to 160°C/fan oven 140°/mark 3 and line a 20cm round cake tin. Mix together the semolina flour, ground almonds and pistachios and baking powder, and add 1/4tspseasalt.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add the zest, orange blossom water, cardamon and the eggs, one by one, then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes. Test by inserting a skewer into the middle - it should come out clean. Cool slightly before turning the cake out of the tin.
- To make the glaze, put the zest, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and heat to dissolve. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios and pomegranate seeds over the surface of the cake and pour the glaze on top. Scatter with the rose petals.
Cake recipes | Chocolate Cake Recipes | Dessert Recipes | Cupcake Recipes