Let the weather decide how you cook this delicious chicken wings recipe - it's the ideal thing for a barbecue, but can just as easily be whipped up in the oven.
- 27g pack Bart Smokehouse Barbecue Smokey Chipotle Rub
- 2 x 475g packs essential Waitrose British Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp clear honey
For the dipping sauce
- 3 tbsp Waitrose 1 Greek Natural Strained Yogurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the chipotle rub in the marinade bag (provided in the pack). Add the chicken wings and seal, releasing as much air as possible. Shake everything to coat the wings evenly in the rub, pressing in with your fingers, then leave to marinate for 3-4 hours, if possible.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 140°C, gas mark 1 and line a large baking tray with tin foil. Spread the wings out on the baking tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to 200°C, gas mark 6 and cook for a further 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and honey and brush over the wings, then return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the dipping sauce ingredients and place in a small serving bowl. Brush the chicken wings with any remaining glaze and serve (with plenty of napkins!).
This recipe and thousands more can be found at waitrose.com/recipes